Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Sustainability at UNCG


Hi Jenny,
I am currently a second year IARC student that listened to your speech on campus sustainability. I am very impressed with the assessment that the UNCG Committee of Sustainability has created.  I was vaguely aware with some of the working groups such as recycling and transportation alternatives, but you showed me that many areas can impact sustainability at our institution. I think the strategies that are being put to use in the Dining Services category interest me the most.  This is an important part of college life that I think most schools would just overlook for more obvious problems. Personally, I would have never though that portion control and other food related issues would have such a big impact on sustainability. After listening to you speak, I am now aware how big of a responsibility this is to UNCG and the importance of addressing these issues so we can become an excellent example for other schools in North Carolina to follow. I look forward to seeing future ideas and improvements your committee has in store for UNCG.
Sincerely,
Erin Marshall

No comments: