Wednesday, September 3, 2008

My First Week

In my first week in iARC I have already learned many new things. I have been introduced to a different way of thinking. Almost everyone at one point or another has been told to "think outside the box". It is a way of telling us to be more creative. In this past week I have learned that I need to not only ¨think¨ outside the box but eat, sleep, and breathe outside of that box. 

The school I went to before I transfered was a very different experience. There was a lot of structure, almost to the point where it was rigid. Creativity was encouraged but it was more about the reinterpretation of the information we were given. In IARC, bending the rules is encouraged in order to succeed but our ideas still need to be relatable, which makes the work difficult and exciting. So over this past week I have tried to "think outside of the box" and it has been hard. It forces me to make some choices that I might not have made before with my work. Yet, I am trying to push myself to come up with ideas whether they are good, bad, safe, or dangerous because sometimes the ideas that are more risky in the beginning are the most desirable in the end. 

No comments: